Thursday, November 10

Thanksgiving Table Scape

Helloooo!! In my head, that sounded just like Julia Child.

I trust everyone has had an easy transition into November, what with the Daylight Savings and all. I haven't, but is that really surprising? It was dark at like 4:30 yesterday afternoon. So naturally, I didn't realize what time it really was and OF COURSE we had dinner before 5.

ANYWAY. On to fun things! Like eating! YAY!! Specifically, I'm referring to eating Thanksgiving dinner, which, is there anything better than that? I declare that there is not. So I've created a really fun, easy, interesting and INEXPENSIVE tablescape for the Annual Thanksgiving Holiday Gut-Stuff, which is how I like to think of it.

You may have seen last week's post on my Thanksgiving Trivia Cornucopia over at CraftGossip. This post is an addendum to that post, so be sure to check it out if you haven't already. I made a cornucopia filled with cool, fall-type thingies. Feathers, squash (squashes?), holly berries, golden roses, turning leaves, pine cones, corn husks, etcetera. It's all in there.
All of it. It's right in there.

Because it's the centerpiece, I thought it'd be neat to use elements from the cornucopia to liven up the individual place settings. Soooo, I did. For really funsies, I set each place with clear glass plates, and then placed red and gold fall leaves underneath.


I also hollowed out a couple mini-pumpkins with an apple corer and used them in place of traditional candle holders.


Instead of napkin rings, I tied each napkin with a ribbon and tucked a different element from the cornucopia into each bow.


I like how well everything coordinates without being so matchy-matchy. There's a lot of wonderful texture, beautiful fall color and the best part is how easy it is to pull together. It's a lovely departure from a traditional holiday table setting without seeming too casual.

What are your Thanksgiving plans?

1 comment:

  1. I like all of the natural elements and the burlap runner. Very comforting. I also like the leaves under the glass plates. We usually have buffet-style service for Thanksgiving so I'm not sure how I would make that work, but I will think about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! I really do read them all and I greatly appreciate the feedback.